Business isn’t easy. It never has been. But we’re in worrying times, with the flickering recession taking a toll on the middle to lower classes – and now the London riots. How can a small to medium business survive in such a volatile climate?
Trust – it’s not the only answer but it’s a very good start. The same principles still apply to business management and promotion. If you are in search of ideas for survival, growth and even expansion, it’s important to invest in marketing and promotion. These aspects of business can often be sidetracked during weak financial times, but good marketing skills can help you rise above your competition.
Overcome Competition: The Power of Promotional Gifts
Setting yourself apart from other businesses in your niche will help you build your name, your brand and your reputation. How can you become the first name that customers think of when they need XYZ? Promotional gifts still play a big part in marketing – and why should gifts be limited for personal use? Promotional gifts can help you do the following:
- Say a big “thank you” to loyal customers who have been with you for many years.
- Attract new ones by showing them your generosity, your professionalism and your compliance for customer care.
- Create brand awareness and spread the word about your company.
- Improve your company reputation as a dynamic, vibrant and inventive business.
Gift Ideas for Your Clients
The feeling of giving and receiving presents when it comes to family occasions and big holidays, is something that we all treasure; it’s warm feeling that we can all relate to. Extending this out to clients with promotional gifts not only puts a smile on their faces, but it’s a marketing tactic you just can’t afford to miss out on.
There are many places you can use promotional gifts; exhibitions, trade shows, conferences, client meetings, internal meetings, on the shop floor, on the street, at events, dinners and charity balls, with product deliveries, or with DMS (Direct Mail Shots).
Here are some fantastic gift ideas for your customers:
- Pens and stationery – everyone needs stationery, people of all ages, in all industries and sectors. This is a guaranteed winner because you can never have too many pens. Make sure your name is engraved into the user’s mind with a gift that can be used every day.
- Mugs – mugs are perfect for offices. If you are targeting B2B clients, mugs are a great way of advertising your name and your logo. Don’t forget to leave you website / telephone number on there.
- Toys and games – this is a very inventive option and shows your clients that your company can be innovative. Puzzles and games can present your recipients with hours of fun, which means that you can really get your name noticed.
- Bags – from satchels and shoppers to cooler bags and eco bags, there are many different options for branded bags. Bags can be used every day for many, many years. Your logo could be seen anywhere and everywhere. Although this is an expensive option, it really does open up your advertising opportunities.